The Supply Chain Consulting Group (SCCG) team of specialist Logistics Consultants are aware that the requirements vary according to the specific industry sector and have the expertise and experience within the team to accommodate the unique requirements of each, whether it is Food, Manufacturing, Retail, Automotive, or Utilities. Our Logistics Consultants will ensure an efficient Logistics strategy can be developed and implemented, measured and continually improved, ensuring your costs are optimised.
To combine a systematic and evidence-based methodology with close attention to the specific requirements of your business to produce recommendations that are fully costed, robust and actionable. Our team of professional logistics consultants are experienced and knowledgeable of delivering network strategy projects across all major sectors, in the UK and internationally.
The team each have considerable operational and management experience and are highly expert in reviewing current process and operations and developing solutions for all areas of Materials Handling; Procurement; Stores and Inventory Management including, regional, national and global logistics network development and implementation; Transport Modelling and Network Costing; Tactical Stock Locations; Handling and Picking Processes; Demand Forecasting; Integrated Inventory Control; Vendor Management; Vendor Support Operations; Inbound and Outbound Logistics Management; Performance and Cost Measurement.
SCCG Logistics Consultancy Services
The Logistics and Distribution functions within the Supply Chain encompass transportation, stock control and warehousing. It is critical that these functions are effectively managed and co-ordinated, ensuring that the flow of goods and materials are balanced to the most efficient cost base and aligned with customer requirements.
As a result of continual inevitable expansion, supply chains and therefore Logistics Networks are now extended across a multitude of continents, encompassing both suppliers and customers alike.
Subsequently the world of technology has similarly evolved, and it continues to develop, as we continue to operate within an ever-evolving global market; making opportunities within the Supply Chain increasingly competitive and demanding.
Whilst growth is a positive attribute for many businesses, the introduction of additional complexities associated with ancillary activities involved – including such things as labelling, packaging, and reverse logistics – can unfortunately cause operational complications. The Supply Chain Consulting group (SCCG) understand that operational hinderances can occur, and work to reduce, and ultimately prevent, any problems occurring.
- Warehouse and Inventory Management to monitor the quality, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods, coordinate the order cycle and allocate staff resources accordingly including full process and operator SOPs.
- Network Planning – building transport, inventory and location strategies around your customer service goals.
- Transport Route Scheduling – to determine the optimal number and type of vehicle resources required; where resources are best located, and infrastructure requirements need to be in place to support them.
- System Integration – ensuring accurate forecasting of increasingly complex systems of stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and performance evaluation.
- Materials Handling – including, Mechanical Handling Equipment, racking, automation and MHE process.
Logistics Design Case Studies
Beiersdorf Case Study
Premier Foods Case Study – Logistics Network Review
Technology Supplies Ltd Case Study
Farmfoods Case Study
Monkfield Nutrition Case Study – Distribution Strategy
Scott Bader Case Study
SCCG specialise in providing external, professional support for:
- Cost-reduction exercises to seek lower-cost locations for manufacturing sites
- Cost-effective ways to expand distribution operations
- Project Management
- New build design and re-configuration of existing warehouse, picking and distribution facilities
- Optimised facility design/layout, handling practices and workflows
- Automation and materials handling systems design, development, and implementation management
- Warehouse and Inventory Management to monitor the quality, cost and efficiency of the movement and storage of goods
- Support for business mergers or acquisitions
- International business expansions
- Logistics Network Planning concerning building transport, inventory and location strategies to meet customer service goals
- New routes to market due to introduction of new technologies, within new and existing facilities
- Business growth encouraged facility reviews
- Transport Route Scheduling – to determine the optimal number and type of vehicle resources required; where resources are best located, and infrastructure requirements
- System Integrations – ensuring accurate forecasting of increasingly complex systems of stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and performance evaluation
- Materials Handling – including, Mechanical Handling Equipment, racking, automation, and MHE process
All our analysis and solutions specific to your requirements are presented with clear and concise rationale and where appropriate costed and tested.