Our team of logistics consultants are normally contacted when a customer needs to make a change to their logistics arrangements in order to facilitate delivery of their latest business plans or sales forecasts.
Examples of situations that require a review:
- Acquisition of a new business
- Capability to fulfil a new sales channel e.g. B2C
- Winning or losing major contracts in B2B
- Approaching the end of a contract with a logistics service provider
- Approaching capacity limits within existing logistics sites
Commonly clients approach us with questions such as:
- We have a sales plan for the next 5 years, does our current logistics infrastructure have enough capacity?
- We only deliver B2B and we want to sell B2C, what do we have to do to develop the relevant logistics capability?
- We are a regional business that wants to become a national business. What changes do we need to make to facilitate this?
- We are based in the UK but want to expand sales into Europe post Brexit, how can we do this?
- We have acquired a new business and we want to combine the logistics operations to benefit from economies of scale. What steps need to be taken to achieve this?
- We are looking outsource our logistics operations should we do this and if so how do we best engage with logistics service providers/3PLs?
- We are looking to implement a warehouse management system, which one should we select to meet our requirement? What process should be undertaken to do this?
- Where should we locate our new warehouse/s to optimise both warehousing and transport costs while maintaining service requirements?
- What inventory should I hold where in my supply chain network?
Our team of logistics consultants are experienced in helping to answer these questions and we highlight some examples of services below:
Building transport, inventory and location strategies around your customer service goals. Developing a logistics infrastructure that meets your business goals
Identifying the best transport route to market for goods that meets cost/service objectives. This takes into account route optimisation, transport service providers and transport management systems
We support companies in identifying the correct materials handling equipment (MHE) technologies as part of the warehouse design process. This ranges from automation and robotics design to the selection of pick trollies and VNA systems
Our team work through the process of specifying requirements through to WMS vendor selection. We also provide support on implementation
We regularly manage tenders for clients to outsource logistics operations to 3PLs. This includes warehousing, transport and freight requirement.
Logistics Case Studies
Wales and West Utilities Case Study
Triumph Motorcycles Case Study
Technology Supplies Ltd Case Study
Scott Bader Case Study
Premier Foods Case Study – Logistics Network Review
Monkfield Nutrition Case Study – Distribution Strategy
Farmfoods Case Study
Our logistics consultants are experienced in carrying out project for clients across a range of sectors and briefs. Please contact us below to discuss your requirements in further detail: