Global Specialty Chemicals Manufacturer
Warehouse Design Consultancy Project
DISTRIBUTION CONSULTANCY SERVICES
Warehouse design consultants from Go Supply Chain were engaged by this leading global manufacturer of speciality chemicals and performance materials to develop a design for a proposed new warehouse at their site in Scotland.
The company was looking to review its options to develop an area of its manufacturing site as a warehouse for finished goods, some of which have hazardous properties, and to understand what level of inventory this would accommodate relative to demand and manufacturing batch sizes.
We held a data workshop and obtained detailed order-line data from the client’s business systems for a sample period, along with a product master file.
Our logistics consultants analysed the data and held a further workshop to validate the material flows for the new warehouse. Based on this analysis we considered what storage and handling equipment types might be appropriate.
Warehouse design consultants
Working closely with the client’s team, Go Supply Chain’s logistics consultant developed a number of warehouse design options, aimed at maximising storage space utilisation within the distribution centre, while maintaining high levels of productivity. It was important for us to take into account regulations and best practice relating to the storage and handling of packaged dangerous goods and to this end our consultant worked with the client’s compliance team.
WAREHOUSE CAD LAYOUT DESIGN
As part of our warehouse design service, our warehouse consultant produced warehouse layout design drawings using AutoCAD software.
WAREHOUSE DESIGN OPTION EVALUATION
We produced capital and operating cost schedules for the various design options, along with an account of the non-financial pros and cons of each option. This allowed the client to make an informed decision, considering our recommended warehouse design alongside alternatives.
“We are very happy with the work done by Go Supply Chain,… and will look to recommend them for other projects that may arise within our organisation.” Client’s Project Manager
- Leading global manufacturer of speciality chemicals and performance materials
- Develop design options for the new warehouse
- Recommend a preferred option and provide capital and operating cost schedules
- Ensure that the designs provided are compliant with legislation and best practice with regards to the storage and handling of packaged dangerous goods
- Warehouse designed to provide high density storage and good productivity levels
- Decision analysis with supporting rationale and showing alternatives considered
- Compliance with relevant legislation and best practice in the UK market