Logistics Outsourcing and Tender Management
Over recent years the consultants at The Supply Chain Consulting Group (SCCG) have reviewed, developed and managed many Logistics procurement and outsourcing solutions on behalf of clients. The combined logistics contract value has now hit a significant milestone of over £2BN (GBP).
Our Logistics and Supply Chain Consultants, all of whom have a background of working with or for Transport and Logistics Service Providers, have significant experience in developing the scope of the logistics outsourcing tenders to cover all operational and service requirements; managing the tender process from beginning to end, from writing the scope to response evaluation and final negotiations for Global, European and UK based Multi-modal Transport and Distribution logistics, warehousing, and freight tenders.
Logistics Outsourcing Experience
Our experience shows that just re-tendering the same in-house or outsourced logistics network can provide cost savings up to 10% of annual costs. However through evaluation of your current and future logistics requirements and subsequent development of a more bespoke logistics outsourcing service requirement, whilst maintaining tight control of the tender process; savings of around 20% to 30% can be achieved After a period of growth or expansion, many companies may be required to select and outsource some of their fundamental Supply Chain operations, to a third-party- provider.
Without a comprehensive understanding of the pros and cons of outsourcing logistics functions, or even changing providers for your business – the first time can bring big potential risks ranging from commercial disagreements with the chosen service provider to service disruption, resulting in lost sales and customer service issues.
The consultants at SCCG have reviewed, developed and managed many Logistics procurement and outsourcing solutions on behalf of clients over the years, and have worked in the bid-teams of leading 3PLs (Third Party Logistics Providers) and on behalf of numerous major clients, within the procurement of logistics services.
Our Approach to Outsourcing Logistics Services
- Initially work with you to develop an inhouse vs. outsourced strategy
- Where necessary, identify the relevant vendors for the logistics functions you require to outsource
- Manage the request for information (RFI) process to create a shortlist of key vendors to ask for a detailed bid
- Specify your requirement in a detailed request for quotation (RFQ) process to ensure that meaningful, directly comparable offers are made
- Evaluate the comparative bids enabling you to understand the value proposition and the risks involved with each provider
- Engage with you and the selected supplier in the negotiation and contracting phase advising you on what to expect and how you can drive further value for your business
- Following selection and contract award we will support the implementation planning and review the operation to ensure what was promised has been delivered
Our Approach to Contract reviews
SCCG can help you to manage your suppliers and operations to achieve the most value from your existing logistics functions and overall supply chain. To determine a strategy you can use, to start the outsourcing process for the relevant logistics functions for your business, contact the SCCG team today.
Our Logistics Outsourcing Projects Include
- Global Freight and landside production Logistics
- European Distribution and ‘Last Mile’ delivery
- Global Distribution Centre for fashion and accessories
- UK Distribution Centre
- Materials Warehousing and Distribution
- UK Home Delivery Logistics Network and Distribution
- Bulk Food Waste Collection and UK transport operations
- Global Logistics Network for furniture distribution
- Materials warehousing and Distribution
- UK Distribution
- UK Logistics Network
- UK frozen Logistics and Distribution Networks
- Benelux frozen Logistics and Distribution Networks
- Southern 30,000 pallet storage and Distribution Centre
- Northern 35,000 pallet Distribution Centre
- UK Distribution Network
- UK Distribution Network
- Global Inbound Freight and European Distribution network
- European Logistics Network
- UK e-fulfilment
- UK Logistics & Distribution Network
- Benelux Logistics and Distribution network
- Germany Logistics and Distribution network