Wholesaler of Hairdressing and Beauty Supplies
- Wholesaler of hairdressing and beauty salon supplies, with a wide and varied range of products. The company was experiencing rapid growth, particularly in web business, and was hitting capacity constraints in the warehouse.
- Select appropriate storage and picking media based on product dimensions and rate of movement.
- Design a productive warehouse layout while providing expansion capacity and flexible floorspace within the existing building.
- Review warehouse processes and recommend improvements.
- Review system specification (Microsoft Dynamics NAV) to align with improved processes.
- Provided additional growth capacity within the building by optimising warehouse location sizing and improving use of building height.
- Retained flexible floor space for further expansion and ad-hoc activities such as furniture distribution and college kitting.
- Maximised the potential life of the existing building, eliminating disruption that would result from a move.
- Suggested process improvements to increase accuracy, productivity and visibility.