The overall objectives of pallet and container management systems are clear:
- To reduce overall packaging fleet costs
- To increase visibility and cost control
- To optimize packaging fleet utilisation and minimize cycle times
- To provide proof of accountability for damage and loss
- To manage a repair and maintenance program
An example of such a system is the SITU-8 system, developed for Simons Reeve Rental, a division of Simons Reeve Ltd who are manufacturers and suppliers of roll cages and plastic pallets, and folding pallet containers.
The SITU-8 system can be adapted and customised to suit most fleet management applications.