One of our long established international brand name clients with UK and overseas manufacturing and purchasing functions, has a full time vacancy for an experienced Customs Compliance Specialist covering import and export duty and VAT.
The successful candidate will be required to manage and develop the existing duty processes and requirements of the business and be proactive with regards to changes in legislation and opportunities for savings.
Core responsibilities include:
- Manage relationships with the relevant authorities.
- Manage and control audits undertaken from time to time by the relevant taxation authorities
- Manage and expedite the recovery of duty with relevant authorities
- Monitor and report upon any development in accounting standards, primarily UK GAAP but also understand the future impact of IFRS
- Monitor and report upon future changes in legislation affecting Duty and VAT and its effect upon the business
- Advising upon the VAT and Duty impact of manufacturing and purchasing decisions within and amongst the group
- Act as core liaison with professional advisors (such as auditors, trade associations)
- Overseeing, and reporting upon, the duty impact of financial transactions for the group as a whole, including cross border between functions and jurisdictions
- Prepare, submit and monitor progress of disclosure returns in a timely manner including Intrastat, EC sales lists, VAT, GSP etc.
- Review the current processes and actions in terms of Duty, VAT and other relevant taxation and advise on any necessary improvements or savings in efficiency.
- Month/year end reporting with regards to duty.
- Reporting to management.
Experience within an international manufacturing company with cross border trading is a distinct advantage.
If you are interested in this position (no recruitment agencies) then please contact Gideon Hillman via email